- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan.
- Add rhubarb and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, `til thickened and bubbly .
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pie filling.
- Combine bread, cracker crumbs, brown sugar and spices in small bowl.
- Stir in butter.
- Spoon half of fruit mixture into 1 ½ quart baking dish.
- Cover with half of bread mixture.
- Repeat the layering and cover.
- Bake 20 minutes, then uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
- Serve with Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream.