Apple tarts. A lovely mixture of puff pastry and mincemeat (a mixture of apple, raisins, cinnamon and sugar).
- Put half the pastry out on a worktop dusted with flour and roll out to a square of 15 x 30 cms, about ½ – 1 cm thick.
- Put the pastry on a baking sheet.
- Spread the mincemeat over the pastry, leaving about 2,5cms at the edge.
- Peel, core and slice the apple.
- Put the slices in overlapping rows over the mincemeat.
- Make sure the edges are straight and brush the edges with the beaten egg.
- Roll the other half of the pastry out as above, fold it double lengthwise.
- Make 2,5 cm cuts in the fold, about ½ cm apart.
- Make sure the cut goes through the fold.
- Open the folded dough and put it on top of the filling.
- Press the edges of the top and bottom together firmly.
- Brush the top with the beaten egg and bake for 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 220°C.
- After 10 minutes lower the heat and bake for 10 minutes at 190°C, or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes and move to a plate with a wide flat spatula.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve when fully cooled.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.