- First cream the butter, and gradually mix in the sugar.
- Reserve one-half of the egg white with which to glaze the cakes.
- Beat the remaining egg white, and add to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Then add the flavoring, the milk and the flour.
- Roll the dough, a little at a time, into thin sheets, and cut into fancy shapes.
- Then bake in buttered tins.
- Arrange six or eight halves of blanched almonds, cut lengthwise, about the center of each cake in such a way as to represent the petals of a flower.
- Brush with the white of an egg.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar, and bake in a moderate oven till of a delicate brown color.