This is the best LC dessert I have tried. The sour cream adds moistness and helps keep the cake together.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Splenda, bulk - not packets
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla butter nut extract
- Cream butter and Splenda well. Add eggs, one at a time beating after each addition.
- Mix flour with baking powder and spices and add to egg mixture a little at a time wile beating.
- Add sour cream and vanilla butter nut extract.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes
- Serve with SF cherry or apple pie filling and whipped cream.
Nutrition Info Edit
Per Serving: 187 Cal (82% from Fat, 6% from Protein, 11% from Carb); 3 g Protein; 19 g Tot Fat; 6 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 71 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 271 mg Sodium; 147 mg Cholesterol