Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco or 2 sticks (¼ lb)
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix sugar and Crisco together.
- Heat milk until hot on finger (do not boil)
- Add half of the milk to sugar - Crisco mixture and beat 2 minutes.
- Add rest of milk and beat 8 minutes longer (a total of 10 minutes all together).
- The beating breaks up the sugar granules to a whipped cream consistency, but is a butter type.
- To make a whipped cream frosting, use white Crisco instead of butter-flavored (I use these often as I don't always have confectioners' sugar on hand)