- 2 c. oil
- 1 c. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 6 c. flour
- 1 box dates, pitted, or raisins
- walnuts, ground
- 2 c. Sugar
- 4 c. water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Boil until syrup forms.
- Combine oil, orange juice, vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and add slowly to liquid, mixing thoroughly.
- Dough should be soft and moist.
- If necessary add more flour.
- Form dough into balls.
- Press date or raisins into the middle and roll.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 20–25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Dip cool cookies into warm syrup.
- Press top of cookie into ground nuts, and let dry.